Event and Office Administrator, Edinburgh
Job Title: Event and Office Administrator
Responsible to: Christmas Producer
Salary: TBC – dependant on experience.
Dates of work: September 2019 - 17 January 2020
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Our vents and festivals division operates one of the largest operations at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, selling over 460,000 tickets for over 200 shows, in 22 venues over 25 days in 2018.
2019 marks the eleventh year of Underbelly Festival on the Southbank - one of the biggest multi-arts offerings in London and London’s original pop-up festival, with over 140 shows programmed over 6 months on the South Bank.
Underbelly also produces Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, Edinburgh’s Christmas, Christmas in Leicester Square, Underbelly Festival in Hong Kong and West End Live in Trafalgar Square for Westminster City Council and the Society of London Theatre.
In 2018 Underbelly sold over 1.5 million tickets to their various events.
For more information on Underbelly, visit www.underbelly.co.uk
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
To act as a general administrator for Edinburgh’s Christmas and when necessary Edinburgh’s Hogmanay and the Edinburgh Underbelly office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being the first point of contact for both calls and visitors to the office
- Booking meeting rooms and organising refreshments as and when required for meetings.
- To work from the Edinburgh head office, with occasional site working.
- Proof reading as and when necessary.
- Purchasing all office consumables.
- Act as first port of call for office IT enquiries. Including email settings, office issues, calendar settings.
- Arranging travel and accommodation and producing detailed itineraries where necessary.
- Diary management.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming emails and post where necessary.
- Printing and binding of documents, reports and presentations.
- Recording and processing operations department expenses.
- Maintenance of event relevant databases.
- Monitoring and recording petty cash.
- Organising staff parties at the end of festivals.
- To lead on the Nativity Carol Concert and Winter Windows reception.
- To assist at Light Night on event day and in the lead up to the event.
- To assist both the Edinburgh’s Christmas Producer and when necessary the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Producer as and when necessary on producing all aspects of either event.
- To give event support in the lead up to and during both Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay both in the office and on site, when required.
- To act always in the best interests of Underbelly Ltd.
- To take positive action to promote Equal opportunities in all aspects of work
- To maintain confidentiality in all areas relating to Underbelly Ltd where appropriate
- To undertake any other reasonable duties so as to ensure the smooth running of the organisation
- Significant experience of providing administrative support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Proven time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- MAC literate and highly competent in use of Word, Excel, iCal, Dropbox and Googledocs.
To apply, please fill in the application form here: https://underbelly.teamdetails.com
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.