We offer a fully integrated event production service for major public events. Because our background is in creating, delivering and selling our own content driven festivals, we reckon that we've got something just a little bit different from the rest...
- We know how to conceive of new ideas that help to develop and grow an event.
- We think creatively and we love detail in design and execution.
- We know what people want to see on a stage and how they want to see it... we programme over 500 shows at our own festivals every year.
- We've got great links into the UK theatre, comedy and cabaret scene.. it's what we programme all year.
- We understand the need for superb customer experience and great staff.... we employ over 600 festival staff every year.
- We're very experienced in technical event production, from big outdoor stages to small tents.
- We've got great supplier and contractor relationships.
- We understand the importance of managing and working to a budget... we do it on our own festivals, at our own risk, the whole time.
- We understand big crowd numbers and people management... over 1.7 million people bought tickets to our events last year and 5 million people came through sites that we managed.
And most importantly, we've got an amazing full time team with permanent departments in production, marketing, ticketing, press, operations and programming that allows us to offer a really bespoke and all encompassing service.
Projects we're working on
Since 2013, Underbelly has produced Edinburgh's Christmas on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, taking the operational lead on all elements of this contract. Four major city centre Christmas sites including an ice rink, live performances in a Spiegeltent, traditional European and Scottish markets, major funfair attractions and the official switching on of the Christmas lights in Edinburgh.
Since 2017, Underbelly has produced Edinburgh's Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council - the world descends on the city for the best New Year celebrations in the world, featuring the famous Street Party, Ceilidh, Concert in the Gardens, Torchlight Procession and Loony Dook the festival takes place over three days.
West End Live
Underbelly are Production Partner for the annual celebration of the best of West End theatre. Two days of free concerts in Trafalgar Square featuring some of the biggest shows in the West End plus a beautiful Spiegeltent Theatre Emporium in Leicester Square. Estimated footfall for the event is 500,000. We're contracted by Westminster City Council.
Pride in London 2014-2017
For four years Underbelly was the Event Producer for Pride in London, the second largest one day event in London after the New Year's Eve fireworks. Key components include a parade of 30,000 participants from Baker Street to Whitehall, a concert to 65,000 people in Trafalgar Square and stages and street parties in Soho. The event is supported by the Mayor of London and we're contracted by the board of London LGBT Community Pride to deliver the event.
The Rugby World Cup Fanzone 2015, Richmond
Underbelly hosted a series of entertainment events at the official Fanzone at the Rugby World Cup 2015. Richmond's Old Deer Park was alive with activity with shows, big screens, stage, entertainment, high quality rides and attractions a rugby exhibition pitch, catering and bars.