Reporting to the Press and Publicity Manager, the Press Assistant is an essential cog in Underbelly’s Press Office. You will provide on-the-ground administrative support by carrying out crucial daily press Ticketing and Clippings services as well as being a welcoming representative of Underbelly when performing companies and journalists visit the Press Office for advice throughout the Fringe.
Beyond Press Office, you will communicate with the Programming, Marketing, Social Media and Production teams in order to identify and maximise publicity opportunities for Underbelly’s 150+ shows.
In this role, you will be rota’d on as either Clippings Assistant or Ticketing Assistant.
Rate of Pay: £10.90 / hour (plus holidays pay)
Hours of Work: varies from 8am – 8pm, 48 hours per week
Dates of Work: 30 July – 30 August
Role and responsibilities
• Daily monitoring of online, print and broadcast media outlets and social media platforms for all articles featuring Underbelly shows.
• Compile and circulate press clippings to Underbelly stakeholders, staff, external PRs and visiting companies.
• Daily delivery (on foot) and display of positive reviews and star ratings for Underbelly shows at all Underbelly venues.
• Prioritise processing press tickets (in advance and urgent last minute requests) and issue to journalist via ticketing system.
• Attend Press Launch / Photo Calls and support diary management.
• Monitor inbox and flag important requests to the Press Manager.
• Spreadsheet management; collate relevant contacts, track reviews and save all press clippings to Underbelly’s Press archive.
• The Press Office functions on a daily rota – you may be expected to cover for colleagues when necessary.
• Any other duties as reasonably required by your line manager.
• The ability to adapt quickly and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience of working within the Arts or Entertainment
• Good computer skills, comfortable navigating spreadsheets / databases / ticketing systems.
• Media Training / relevant qualifications or a keen interest in the industry
• A background and appreciation of theatre, comedy, music or other forms of art or entertainment
• Experience of working at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe or an Arts Festival – ideally in a press capacity and/or ticket processing role.
• Knowledge of Scottish and British National Media organisations
• Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
• 25% discount at Underbelly bars
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
Apply here — https://underbelly.teamdetails.com/opportunity/254