Box Office Manager
Depot Mayfield 2023 (Manchester)
Job Title: Box Office Manager
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Senior Box Office Manager
Responsible For: n/a
Rate of Pay: £12.50/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 23rd May – 13th August 2023
Available Contracts: Various minimum hour contracts available (starting from 12hrs/week)
- This position requires you to work individually managing the onsite box office with remote support from the Senior Box Office Manager.
- Regular duties include selling tickets, processing agency tickets, processing complimentary tickets, ticket collection and distribution and updating front of house with numbers and access information.
- Assisting with first line troubleshooting of all box office equipment, including PCs, ticket printers, card machines, phones, and networking.
- Liaise with a wide variety of producers and promoters as well as ticket agencies to ensure all sales requirements are carried out efficiently and provide accurate sales report information on request on a regular basis.
- Respond to customer feedback and complaints face to face and authorise refunds, ticket exchanges and the issuing of complimentary tickets where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across all departments, in particular the Front of House and Production team, to deliver a seamless and positive service experience for all customers.
- Provide an excellent experience for customers in respect of ticket sales, accessibility, memberships, and other services offered by the ticketing team.
- Maintain flyer stands and signage (e.g. show A-frames / sold out information).
- Managing the administration of cancelled shows or other interruptions to Underbelly’s ticketed activities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of resolving complex customer service issues and ensuring a positive customer journey. • Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and individually.
- Understanding of selling tickets, memberships, and other packages within a box office environment • Experience of ticketing systems and their functionality.
- An understanding of GDPR Compliance good practice.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as part of a regular working week.
- Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional, and self-motivated.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understand the importance of good communication and service in all aspects of the brand.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.