Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2023
Job Title: Bar Manager
Reports To: Head of Bars, Edinburgh Bars Manager
Responsible For: Bar Supervisors, Chargehands, Bar Staff
Rate of Pay: £680.00/week (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 24th July – 1st September 2023
Available Contracts: 48hrs
- Lead the set-up, stock and strike of event spaces and bars.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the bars.
- Managing a team of bars staff and supervisors.
- Shift planning effectively to ensure all staff are happy and enthusiastic about work.
- Ensure that the team adheres to all H&S legislation and that all mandatory training is completed on time.
- Ensure correct stock management processes are constantly followed by the team.
- Scottish Personal Licence holder.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills and leadership skills.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to recognise potential health and safety issues before they arise.
- Demonstrable knowledge of customer service principles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping skills.
- Can do attitude.
- Sense of urgency.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a team whilst also being able to work independently.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.