Box Office Supervisor
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2023
Job Title: Box Office Supervisor
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Box Office Manager
Responsible For: Box Office Staff
Rate of Pay: £12.00/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 28th July – 30th August 2023
Available Contracts: Various minimum hour contracts available (20-48hrs per week)
- Managing the Box Office Assistants, including break management, training colleagues on Box Office software, systems, and operational processes.
- Assisting with Installation and first line troubleshooting of all box office equipment, including PCs, ticket printers, card machines, phones, and networking.
- Liaising with a wide variety of producers and promoters as well as Ticket Agencies to ensure all sales requirements are carried out efficiently and provide accurate sales report information on request on a regular basis
- Responding to customer complaints either face to face, on the telephone, online, or in writing, authorising refunds, ticket exchanges and the issuing of complimentary tickets where appropriate
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from across all departments, in particular the Front of House and Production team, to deliver a seamless and positive service experience for all customers
- Amending event setup using the ticketing/CRM system as and when required, including but not limited to adding ticket offers, updating event information, updating venue and access information.
- Providing an excellent experience for customers in respect of ticket sales, accessibility, memberships, and other services offered by the Ticketing team.
- Creating work to a high standard of accuracy.
- Maintaining and approve time sheets to assist Box Office Managers with submitting Payroll.
- Maintaining line up and sold-out board Information
- Managing the administration of cancelled shows or other interruptions to Underbelly’s ticketed activities
- Ensuring all box office staff are briefed on their regulatory responsibilities, particularly regarding sensitive customer data.
- Ensuring all box office staff are aware of (and adhere to) any relevant Health and Safety regulations or policies.
- Where Box Office Managers are unavailable or unable to solve a technical problem, provide technical support for all open box offices, escalating to IT or ticketing providers as necessary.
- Escalating incidents and feedback to the Box Office Management Team and maintaining regular end of shift reporting.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of supervising staff.
- Experience of resolving complex customer service issues and ensuring a positive customer journey.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Understanding of selling tickets, memberships, and other packages within a box office environment.
- Experience of ticketing systems and their functionality.
- An understanding of GDPR Compliance good practice.
- Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as part of a regular working week.
- Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Confident, enthusiastic, professional, and self-motivated.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understand the importance of good communication and service in all aspects of the brand.
- Be IT and digitally literate.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.