Onsite Marketing and Signage Officer
Job Title: Onsite Marketing Manager
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Responsible For: n/a
Rate of Pay: £580.00/week (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 5th June – 31st August 2023
Available Contracts: 40hrs
Location: Edinburgh Office (First Floor, 4 Hunter Square, Edinburgh EH1 1QW)
Based in our Edinburgh office and reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work with Marketing Team to successfully produce and coordinate the installation and de-rig of all signage for Underbelly at the Edinburgh Fringe.
The main duties of this role include:
- Project managing the briefing, design and print process of all Underbelly signage.
- Managing external bookings of advertising sites including shows and sponsors.
- Overseeing the installation of signage on site.
- Working alongside the Production Team coordinating timelines for installation.
- Managing a team to install large format signage according to plans set out.
- Liaising with printers to arrange delivery times, keep deliveries to a minimum and extra installation support (if necessary)
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in managing all snagging requests for signage at all sites.
- Cataloguing all signage kept at de-rig for the next year.
On ground during the festival
- Coordinating pasting of posters in key locations across our sites with our Street Team.
- Overseeing flyer, poster and brochure levels across the festival and working with Street Team, FOH and Box Office to keep replenished.
General Marketing Support
- Assisting the Marketing and Press teams with ad-hoc duties.
- Assisting Street Team Manager when needed.
- Filling in for team members on ground where needed.
- An experienced project manager with knowledge of signage production.
- Experience in designing signage and print materials, including the use of design software (Adobe InDesign and Illustrator).
- A background in onsite event work is desirable.
- A good eye for detail, to create ascetically pleasing installations.
- Experience in a fast-paced and often pressurised environment.
- Organised with a structured approach to a busy workload.
- Confident in being onsite and using tools such as drills and staple guns.
- An ability to work co-operatively within other departments/site requirements.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability).
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars.
- Staff social events.
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.