Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2023
Job Title: Senior Technician
Reports To: Technical Manager
Responsible For: Venue Technicians and Stage Managers
Rate of Pay: £16.00/hr (plus holiday pay)
Dates of Work: 24th July – 1st September 2023
Available Contracts: Working across various venues, you will be working on a rota with other Senior Technicians. You will get a minimum of 2 days off but should be available to work for the entire period.
- Leading venue technicians during venue set-up and de-rig.
- Installing and subsequent removal of lighting, sound, audio visual & stage equipment in performance venues.
- Supporting venue technicians during operational period.
- Managing Technical staff rotas.
- Liaising with visiting companies.
- Overseeing and assisting in daily turnarounds between shows.
- Keeping track of information pertaining to shows, including turnaround notes, cue sheets and any other paperwork required.
- Ensuring that all backstage facilities and equipment are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to by technical staff and visiting companies and report any issues to management.
- A broad range of experience working with lighting, sound, audio visual and stage equipment.
- Good working knowledge of programming of lighting and sound desks.
- A basic working knowledge of construction for theatre and events.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety in a theatrical environment.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good team work skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent stage craft.
- Comfortable with manual handling.
- Comfortable working at height.
- Free entry to shows at Underbelly venues (subject to availability)
- 25% discount at Underbelly bars
- Staff social events
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
It is the policy of Underbelly to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.