Casual Technician – London Summer Festivals
Dates: 1st July to 28th September inclusive
Role: We are looking for various technicians to help bolster our roster of crew to help out on occasional days. The successful applicant:
– Have a good experience in any of lighting, sound, and stage management in fringe and festival theatre.
– If looking for lighting or sound work have a serviceable knowledge of digital mixing consoles (particularly Yamaha LS9 or Midas Pro1), or lighting consoles (particularly Avolites Tiger Touch 2 or ETC Ion).
– Have working knowledge of the programming and operation of QLab.
– Have a background of operating sound or lights for theatre or events with limited rehearsal periods, or running a show in a busy environment as a Stage Manager.
– Have good problem-solving skills, good time keeping, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, be methodical, and will have a friendly and approachable manner.
– Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected.
– Enjoy working in a busy festival environment with a varied and challenging programme of shows.
The rate of pay is £102/day via invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Its festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square, London Wonderground Earls Court, Udderbelly Festival Hong Kong, Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square, and West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Underbelly is committed to sustainability across its everyday operations. We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for all sectors of the community.
To apply click here