Front of House Manager – Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2022
Fixed Term Contract: 1st June – 2nd September 2022
Underbelly is looking for an experienced Front of House Manager to head up our front of house team at Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2022.
The Front of House Manager will have overall responsibility of the front-of-house operations across all sites during the Edinburgh Fringe, supported by a team of supervisors on each site.
Day-to-day front-of-house operations are the immediate responsibility of the Front of House Manager attending to issues and situations as they arise. Responsibilities include:
• Recruitment of all FOH staff, ensuring appropriate number of staff are contracted.
• Adapting FOH rotas from previous years to ensure they meet this year’s requirements.
• Overseeing the setup of all FOH areas.
• Ensuring daily reports are submitted and acted upon by FOH Supervisors.
• Overseeing the setup of merchandise sales.
• Dealing first-hand with customer queries and issues, and ensuring they are resolved in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Ensuring the team adheres to all H&S legislation, and that all mandatory training is completed by all, on time.
• Accurately inputting payroll information on a daily basis.
Experience of working in a managerial front-of-house position is essential, ideally in a multi-venue festival environment.
Good communication and motivational skills are required; operational hours of the festival necessitate that the team work long and unsociable hours. As such the ability to create a positive work atmosphere is essential. Applicants need to be able to remain calm under pressure, quick to solve problems, and be comfortable with the unexpected.
Dates of work are approximately 1st June – 2nd September 2022.
(3 days per week from 1st June. 6 days per week from 25th July)
The rate of pay is £12.50/hr. You should be available to work for the entire period and will be working 8 hours per day.
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.
To apply click here