Lighting Technician – London Wonderground at Earls Court
Dates: 9th July to 28th September inclusive
Role: We are looking for an experienced Lighting Technician to be a part of the team to look after all of our lighting requirements in our theatre venues. The successful applicant will:
– Have a good working knowledge of lighting systems including both generic and moving light fixtures.
– Have experience of working and rigging at height (from ladders and full body harnesses).
– Have an in-depth knowledge of programming and operating the Avolites Tiger Touch 2 console including moving light control, and also have the ability to design simple but effective looks for a variety of different shows in short timescales.
– Have experience in the maintenance of a lighting rig including moving lights
– Have good problem solving skills, good time keeping, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, and will have a friendly and approachable manner.
– Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected. This is not a job suitable for someone who only wishes to do lighting and has no interest in other areas.
– Enjoy working in a busy festival environment with a varied and challenging programme of shows.
The rate of pay is £610/week via invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Its festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square, London Wonderground Earls Court, Udderbelly Festival Hong Kong, Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square, and West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Underbelly is committed to sustainability across its everyday operations. We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for all sectors of the community.
To apply click here