Marketing Officer (London)
September 2021 – January 2022
Based in our London office and reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work across all campaigns, providing marketing and administrative support including campaign coordination, social media, working with ticketing agents, coordinating signage and print production, with particular emphasis on London based events such as Christmas in Leicester Square, Christmas in Trafalgar Square, La Clique, Austentatious, London Wonderground and Underbelly Festival.
The main duties of this role include:
• Working with the Marketing Manager on the development of marketing campaigns, including working with external agencies, proving campaign and administrational support
• Supporting the Marketing Manager to effectively deliver event and show marketing and materials
• Managing relationships with visiting companies and coordinate any contractual marketing requirements
• Managing relationships with suppliers meeting deadlines
• Devising and implementing social campaigns and reporting on their effectiveness, working closely with the Marketing Manager and festival digital assistant
• Working with internal teams to identify, collect, and create content as required at venues and shows across the city while maintaining the tone of voice of each event.
• Monitoring all social channels, responding to enquiries, signposting to the correct team, and generating and maximising conversations
• Actively engaging with customers and shows across all social channels
• Reporting of social media metrics, including impact on website traffic and ROI through Google Analytics
• E-bulletin creation, management, and distribution through MailChimp, managing and reporting on a range of different mailing lists
• Identifying new ways to develop and expand Underbelly’s digital audience
• Managing relationships with ticketing agents and partners
• Arranging print and signage production and install alongside the production team
• Assisting with press and PR activity including media monitoring
• Keeping up to date with current marketing, PR, and digital trends
• Providing general marketing and administrative support to the Marketing and Communications department
• Providing support for the Edinburgh team as well as corporate Underbelly events where required
• Occasional travel to Edinburgh may be required
Skills, Experience, and Person Specification
• A minimum of one to two years’ experience in marketing (agency or client side) preferably in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in festivals or show based marketing would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent administration skills
• Organised with a structured approach to a busy workload
• Good knowledge and experience of social media
• Some InDesign, photoshop, HTML design, film editing skills would be an advantage
• Careful eye for detail
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Full time contract until 21 Jan
Salary – £24,000 pro rata
Based – London Office
Applications close: 30th September 2021.
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Its festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square, London Wonderground Earls Court, Udderbelly Festival Hong Kong, Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square, and West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Underbelly is committed to sustainability across its everyday operations. We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for all sectors of the community.
To apply click here