Payroll & Accounts Receivable Accountant (London Based)
Underbelly seeks an enthusiastic Payroll & Accounts Receivable Accountant to work with our Finance team across our portfolio of festivals, events and live productions.
This role is a great opportunity for an applicant with previous payroll experience to step into a fast-moving role in the live entertainment industry. Timely and accurate processing of our fortnightly payroll is vital to the success of this role, as is ensuring sponsors, ticketing agencies and other customers are billed promptly and pay on time.
- Ensure that fortnightly timesheets are submitted on time from all departments, and follow up with managers where they are incomplete or late
- Process fortnightly payroll for temporary event staff in Sage, including processing of starters and leavers
- Reconcile payroll back to underlying timesheets to ensure completeness and accuracy of postings in Sage
- Post payroll journals into Quickbooks
- Raise invoices to customers – primarily sponsors, concession holders and ticketing agencies
- Monitor aged debt reports and ensure that customers are paying on time
- Escalate issues with customer payments to the Finance Director promptly and clearly
- Support other members of the finance team on an ad hoc basis
- High level of attention to detail and strong organisation skills
- A degree in any subject or strong A-levels including maths or accounting
- Previous experience running a payroll in Sage or similar system is essential
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online or similar finance system is an advantage
- Confident user of Excel
- Confident conversation skills, able to deal with customers with overdue debts in a professional but firm manner
- An interest in live performance would be an advantage.