Sound Engineer – Underbelly Festival, Cavendish Square
Dates: 28th June to 28th September inclusive
Role: We are looking for an experienced Sound Engineer to look after all of our sound requirements in the Spiegeltent. The successful applicant will:
– Have a good working knowledge of sound systems and their operation.
– Have experience of working and rigging at height (from ladders and full body harnesses).
– Have an in-depth knowledge of the digital mixing consoles (particularly Yamaha LS9), EQ, gain structure, the use of gates, compressors etc.
– Have working knowledge of the programming and operation of QLab and RF systems.
– Understand the importance of getting the appropriate sound for each individual show and have experience of working with bands as well as theatre and cabaret acts.
– Have good problem solving skills, good time keeping, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, be methodical, and will have a friendly and approachable manner.
– Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected. This is not a job suitable for someone who only wishes to do sound and has no interest in other areas.
The rate of pay is £610/week via invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Its festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square, London Wonderground Earls Court, Udderbelly Festival Hong Kong, Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square, and West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Underbelly is committed to sustainability across its everyday operations. We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for all sectors of the community.
To apply click here