Technical Stage Manager – Underbelly Festival, Cavendish Square
Dates: 28th June to 28th September inclusive
We are looking for an experienced Technical Stage Manager to work in the Spiegeltent. The successful applicant will:
– Have experience of working with a number of different performance types, including circus, music, dance, theatre and comedy.
– Have a general understanding of all technical areas in live performance (lighting, sound, etc) as well as experience of working closely with artists and performers.
– Be comfortable leading a team to keep a venue running smoothly, efficiently, and to time, and keeping it to a high standard.
– Be confident, methodical, have good problem solving skills, a pro-active attitude to venue organisation and maintenance, good time keeping and have a friendly and approachable manner.
– Be a team player and understand that at Underbelly we require all our technicians to work together to achieve the best result for the shows, meaning that cross-departmental work is essential and expected. This is not a job suitable for someone who only wishes to stage-manage and has no interest in other areas.
– Enjoy working in a busy festival environment with a varied and challenging programme of shows.
The rate of pay is £610/week via invoicing. If you would prefer to be paid via PAYE, please contact us for a rate.
Underbelly is a UK based live entertainment company. Its festivals and events division produces a number of events annually, including Underbelly at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square, London Wonderground Earls Court, Udderbelly Festival Hong Kong, Edinburgh’s Christmas and Edinburgh’s Hogmanay on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council, Christmas in Leicester Square, and West End Live in Trafalgar Square on behalf of the Society of London Theatre and Westminster City Council.
Underbelly is committed to sustainability across its everyday operations. We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications for all sectors of the community.
To apply click here