Underbelly Training Academy Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract: 30th May 2022 – 15th July 2022
Part-Time: 20 Hours Per Week
Buyout Fee: £1, 800
17:30 – 21:30 Tuesday & Thursday, 16:00 – 22:00 Saturdays, 6 hours remote/flexible
Applications Close: Mon 23rd May 2022, 10am
Interviews: w/c: 23rd May 2022
The Training Academy Coordinator will ensure that a strong and engaging programme is delivered to the 16-21yr old participants who are selected to partake. The Training Academy programme has been devised to offer 10-15 young people from the boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham and Chelsea & Kensington the chance to gain event management experience within the context of our Underbelly’s Earl’s Court Festival site.
• Produce a learning programme as devised by our Creative Learning Contractors.
• Support our Creative Learning Contractors with the delivery of learning sessions.
• Prepare learning spaces and resources.
• Schedule and facilitate on-site shadowing between participants and operational departments and working sessions between administrative departments and participants.
• Lead participants through the curation, sale and delivery of a mixed-bill / variety performance on-site at Underbelly Earl’s Court.
• Liaise between internal staff, Earl’s Court Development Company, our Creative Learning Contractors and the Training Academy Participants via email, phone and in person.
• Execute appropriate spending from a defined project budget and track outgoings for financial reconciliation with our Finance Department.
Skills and Experience
• Handling and troubleshooting files and software, particularly Microsoft packages
• Basic technical ability working with audiovisual learning tools and desktop set-up (primarily MAC)
• Experience working with young people, particularly 16-21yr olds.
• Experience in producing live arts and entertainment
• Some Project Management experience pertaining to programme delivery and budgeting
• A can-do and hands-on attitude with minimal supervision
• Strong administrative and organisational ability
• A Confident communicator
• Previous experience working in a creative learning or engagement setting
• Experience of working in a festival setting
• Some experience with production management will be useful
• Experience curating mixed bill/line-up shows
Underbelly is committed to reducing its environmental impacts in its everyday operations. We are also committed to maintaining the open-access policy of Underbelly. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We expect employees to support these commitments and to assist in their realisation.
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.
To apply click here