The Great Christmas Carnival Terms and Conditions
The Great Christmas Carnival – Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Tickets are sold by or on behalf of Underbelly Ltd. (“we”, “us” or “Underbelly”) for The Great Christmas Carnival, (“Event”) at the following locations:
Newbury Racecourse, Racecourse Rd, Newbury RG14 7NZ
This page details the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) that shall apply to your entry (“Entry”) to the Event, shows, rides and amusements (“Attractions”)
Please note that by entering the Event and/ or Attractions and/ or purchasing any Tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The Terms are as follows:
- You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to any Event and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request at any time. Failure to produce such Ticket when requested may result in you being removed from the relevant Event.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Attraction and/or Event.
- All Ticket sales are final. No refunds, cancellations or exchanges are available after you have purchased your Tickets. Underbelly shall not be liable for losses resulting from the alteration or cancellation of any Attraction, including but not limited to travel and car parking.
- Where an event is cancelled or changed demonstrably then a customer is automatically entitled to a refund.
- Any tickets bought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission will not be permitted.
- All Tickets remain the property of Underbelly at all times and constitute a personal revocable licence from Underbelly to you which may be withdrawn by Underbelly and admission refused at any time.
- To purchase Item(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- We reserve the right to make tickets available for collection by you at the official box office. We will notify you by telephone or email of the arrangements for collection (using the details provided by you at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary. You may be required to provide your booking confirmation email and your photo ID to collect tickets.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled. If an event is cancelled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
11.The price for the products that you order will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received except in the case of obvious error. All prices currently advertised are not inclusive of delivery charges: the prices associated with each method of delivery are advised to you during the check out-process, before any purchase is completed. You can check your delivery charges for your basket prior to check-out and completion of purchase.
12.All prices currently advertised are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We currently do not offer VAT exemption for international customers or any geographical regions. The grand total of the order is the price of the product(s) ordered plus the delivery charge.
13.It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of your access to the relevant attraction.
14.We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen, including postal despatch missing in transit. Removing any Ticket stub will invalidate the Ticket.
15.Neither we nor any other party shall have any liability to you beyond the face value of the Ticket. Note that any booking fees are not refundable.
16.Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of Underbelly in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Event.
17.Underbelly reserves the right to ask for proof of ID and of the age of any visitor to the Events. Underbelly further reserves the right to refuse access to any person if that person is unable to produce proof of their age and that person is refused admission for being under age. In such circumstances, Underbelly will not provide a refund to the visitor.
20.When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age.
19.The Event operates in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing as the Event is an outdoor event. In the unlikely event that Underbelly deems it necessary to close the Event, no refunds will be given due to inclement weather or because inclement weather causes the Event to be cancelled or suspended at Underbellys discretion.
20.Ticket Holders are required to follow all safety instructions as instructed by event stewards and minders at all times.
21.Your purchase of Tickets is subject to our right, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, to close or change the content of the Event and/or the Event’s operating hours. Underbelly reserves the right at any time without refund or compensation to close any part of the Event or restrict the number of persons having access to the Event due to over-capacity, inclement weather, or special events to ensure safety, security or order, or if Underbelly considers that the circumstances so require.
22.Underbelly accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage however arising including distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any Event. Attendance is entirely at your own risk. Furthermore, Underbelly is not responsible for any injuries to visitors, however caused, save where any death or injury is caused by the proven negligence of Underbelly or its staff.
23.Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, shrubbery, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited.
24.Unfortunately we cannot accept responsibility for damage to or the loss of any personal property.
25.If an error is made in the price of any Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
26.If any Event is cancelled in its entirety, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible. If the Event is not rescheduled, we shall give you a refund of the face value of the Ticket.
27.In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Underbelly reserve the right to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other patrons or are in breach of these Terms and/or to refuse admission. Use of illegal substances and laser pens are strictly prohibited.
28.Customers may be ejected from the Event if, in the reasonable opinion of Underbelly, the customer is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Terms.
29.Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Event. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, ticket holders consent to being the subject of filming, stills photography and sound recording and its use in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment.
30.If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a steward as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the Event.
31.In case of emergency, please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
32.All events are subject to obtaining the relevant licences.
33.Underbelly reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this website and attendance to the Event after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
34.These Terms shall be governed by English Law and we both agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
35. Use of the site
Underbelly does not promise that the site will be error free – the site and content are delivered on an “as available” and “as-is” basis. Underbelly cannot ensure that the files you download from the site will be free of viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site.
The content and software of this site is the property of Underbelly. You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and retain copies of pages from this site for your own personal use. You also agree not to duplicate, modify, publish or download any of the information on this site unless authorised by Underbelly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your contact details will be held on the Underbelly mailing list. You may be contacted with information we feel may be appropriate and relevant to you from time to time. Mailings may include information from specially selected organisations and may be via post or e-mail. If you do not wish to receive mailings from us please contact us on email@example.com giving your full name and address (as per your booking) and you will be removed from the mailing list.
36. All customer rights under the 1988 Data Protection Act (UK) any subsequent revisions will apply.